Act2 Strategists can support your business objectives with real-world, immediately applicable tools and techniques delivered with energy and integrity. We focus learning on core business skills — leadership, communication, marketing and sales — that can immediately affect top-line performance.
Our Approach: Learner-Centered Learning
A truly effective training and development program requires attention to three areas of learning and behavior change: motivation, content, and environment. Act2 addresses all three in delivering programs that ensure the learning takes hold and is applied on-the-job.
Adults are most highly motivated to learn when facing a life-changing event. In the absence of such an event, learning must be seen as a means to an end. Motivation is created when employees clearly connect what they’re learning with how it will affect their day-to-day work.
In the design and delivery of Act2 training programs we:
- Focus on how participants can or will apply the new skills and knowledge
- Integrate participants’ existing skills and knowledge
- Engage participants’ various viewpoints
- Employ multiple learning tools and media
- Apply a straightforward, how-to style
- Provide access to a variety of educational resources
Learning happens most effectively in an environment that is physically and psychologically comfortable. We work closely with clients to ensure that the physical space is conducive to learning and then enact the following facilitation techniques to put participants’ minds at ease:
- Clarification of individuals’ expectations
- Incorporation of participants’ relevant business and life experiences
- Time for participants to adopt new skills
- Opportunities that challenge participants without risking their self-esteem
- Mechanisms to provide feedback on course content and instructor effectiveness
Customized Training and Development
Many clients tap our expertise in leadership, communication, sales, and marketing to design custom programs that meet their specific business objectives. If you have a unique training and development need, please contact us to discuss the possibilities.